Saturday, April 16, 2011

meal for a new mother

When I had my babies, I was not really connected in any church or school groups so I didn't have many people making me dinners.



When I had my third baby, two people brought dinner to me and it meant the world to me.
I felt loved.
I felt cared for.
I will never forget those two dinners or the people who made them for me.

So now I try to take new moms dinners as often as I can. 
I hope they feel as blessed as I did.

Today, I took one to a friend who had a sweet baby girl.

This is what I made:

ValSoCal's Chicken Cordon Bleu Penne
(recipe here)**note: I added another half jar of alfredo sauce and decreased the bread crumbs to 1/4 cup (I used Italian bread crumbs mixed with melted butter)

Cut Up Fruit
(doesn't it look great?? It's all from Aldi and it was cheap!)

Toffee Bars for dessert
(recipe here)

I wanted to carry it over in something cute so I found this bag at the Dollar Tree.

I ironed the baby's sweet name on the bag.

(I will make a whole post about this ironing on process because it was a big fail, not only once, but twice.  I went back to the Dollar Tree two times!  Anyway . . . I have got it down to a science now.)


I added a hair accessory for sweet Mirabelle. (can you get over that name??)

It was a blessing to me to be able to serve my friend in this way.

7 comments:

  1. That is the SWEETEST! I know you made that new moms day! I love helping new moms because I remember what a hard transition it was for me. I'm sure your kindness was so appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks so beautiful! I would have guessed that bag was big bucks!! Her name is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Idea Cheryl! Can't wait to see the iron-on post. It would work great for bday presents too... I hate to use wrapping paper, such a waste of $. Hint, hint I have two girls bday parties coming up in May so don't wait too long, hehe:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so right, having a meal brought to you is such a sweet blessing! Well said. :)
    What a cute little bag, I enjoyed the tutorial as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you think the Cordon Bleu recipe can be frozen? I think it would be fine, but I wondered if you had ever tried it. It would be nice to have a few in the freezer for the new moms/sick people/needy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did anyone save this recipe? It won't let me open it. Thx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry for the cordon blue recipe. I wanted to go get the ingredients and make it for a family. Thx

    ReplyDelete