They are pumpkin cream cheese muffins.
They are delicious.
They are $3.00.
(for one!)

Six. (why did I have six cans of pumpkin??)
Here is my very-much-cheaper version of the Starbucks pumpkin cream cheese muffin.
I'm glad I tried this recipe . . . it has just the right amount of spices.
I put plain cream cheese in the middle, but you can add brown sugar, an egg, and vanilla to make it more like a frosting. (my boys did not like the cream cheese center, the rest of us loved it)
I think I actually like them better than the Starbucks version!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch cardamom (optional . . . I didn't use)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese (add 1 egg, 3 T. brown sugar & 1 tsp. vanilla if you would like . . . I didn't)
- chopped pumpkin seeds or walnuts or pecans (optional . . . I used chopped walnuts)
- cinnamon/sugar (to sprinkle on top)
Preheat oven to 350.
Put the entire brick of cream cheese on a piece of wax paper or parchment paper and shape it into a long log.
Put it in the freezer while you mix and fill the pans, up to an hour.
Mix all ingredients together (except cream cheese and nuts).
Fill muffin tins (greased or paper cups).
Cut log of cream cheese up into discs.
Put cream cheese disc in the middle of muffin, pressing down.
Sprinkle with chopped nuts and cinnamon/sugar.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the muffin part (not the cream cheese).
**next time I will use applesauce instead of the oil to reduce the amount of fat . . I'll let you know how that works out
**also . . . my dad is gluten-free now, so I was excited to see this option:
Keep everything the same, except instead of the flour. . .
2 1/2 cups Bob's gf all purpose flour mix
1/2 cup almond flour
2 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum
Linking up with:


New follower here.
ReplyDeleteThis looks to die for.
I am going to go into my room, dig out my swim suit, throw it in the garbage, and make a batch!
Thanks for sharing :)
Thank you so much for posting this!! oh wow, I love these at starbucks, but I think yours looks better than theres!! Yum!
ReplyDeleteYum yum yum. What a fantastic recipe.
ReplyDelete