I just love watching Jake play . . .
he got a triple in tonight's game!!
Cloud nine is what he was walking on tonight . . .
I love that between huffs and puffs on third base, he asked John, "Do you think Mommy saw me??"
I'm glad I wasn't accidentally looking the other way, not that I ever take my eyes off the game. :)
I love that John is coaching.
I love that he is there for Jake
and I love that he is doing something that he loves to do.
After tonight's game, he was all excited telling me about all of the different signs.
Just like a little boy. :)
I love that.
I love that Jake gets to hang out so much with his buddies.
Now . . . I want to tell you something I hate don't really like about the baseball season.
Packing suppers.
I have completely run out of ideas.
Sandwiches, sandwiches, sandwiches.
Please help me out and give me some fun ideas of how I can feed my family a few times a week at a baseball park without using the word "sandwich".
Thank you!!

Oh goodness, I wish I could help you with that one!:) I am thankful soccer is during the day and barely effects lunch time.
ReplyDeleteDo wraps count as sandwiches?
Have a happy day
http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/search/SearchResults.aspx?searchtext=picnic&u2=picnic&start=1&rsort=
ReplyDeleteI actually went to the "kraft" website and typed in the word "picnic" and a ton of stuff came up. The best part is that all the recipes looked EASY! Like, even I could do them!!
Cindy, I haven't tried wraps yet.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Melissa!! I'll let you know what I try!! :)
What about hummus? Would your kids eat it? You could have individual container of it & bring edible utensils - veggies, crackers, apple slices. Good protein but still simple & can be packed well in advance of the after school rush.
ReplyDeleteAlso maybe a healthy version of fried chicken (drumsticks so it's easy to eat w/fingers). Still tastes good even if it's not hot.
ReplyDeleteHave you done Pita Pockets? Filled with grilled chicken, raw spinach, grapes and a little low fat mayo?
ReplyDeleteMini, individual pizzas (they might not be warm but who doesn't love pizza!?)
Pasta salad with tons of fresh veggies and some cooked chicken or chickpeas and a low-fat dressing?
Hope this helps :) Have loved reading your blog.
Thank you so much for these ideas ladies!! (I'm trying to figure out how I can reply to your comments . . . does anyone know how to do that??)
ReplyDelete