Friday, April 29, 2011

favorites on fridays

So . . . did you watch the royal wedding??


I didn't get up early to watch it, but I have been watching coverage of it today.

Truly beautiful.

In keeping with the whole princess theme, I thought my "Favorites on Fridays" post should be about . . . well, princesses (and kisses)!

Favorite Book to Share with my Daughter about Purity: The Princess and the Kiss written by Jennie Bishop.
 
It tells the story of how a princess received the gift of a first kiss from God when she was born and her parents kept it safe for her while she was growing up. When she became old enough, they gave it to her and urged her to use it wisely and only to give it to the man she would decide to marry. Well, of course, several different men tried to sweep her off her feet with money, looks, and opportunities, but she chose a farmhand with a good heart to give her kiss to . . . oh my . . . I know that we have a few years before Caroline will be thinking of giving kisses away to boys (-SHUDDER-), but what a beautiful way to teach her the importance of purity.


"Love . . . comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith."

I Timothy 1:5 NIV




4 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl!
    I am so pleased to meet you...and thank you for becoming one of my followers. As I read through your blog, I was touched by the sentiments...by the faith you share...and by your humor in day to day life. Your family is beautiful!

    Your comment about wanting a PB decorated home without the PB price reminded me of a blog I found this week...http://www.thestoriesofa2z.com
    In this blog I read how to create the PB coral using WalMart aquarian items. GOOD... Check it out.

    I'm joining your followers...I may not always respond, but I'll try to keep up. (I'm getting in to a "paint" mode. I tend to forget everything when this happens...)
    Jane (artfully graced)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the "kiss" in the doctor's waiting room. They were nice enough to change the channel:) It was so beautiful. She is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great book :). Hey girl you are the winner of the Shaklee cream giveaway so email me! thestoriesofa2z@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, not me. But, she looked beautiful from pics I saw online!




    I am now STALKING you everywhere that I see listed here!

    Thanks for linking up on my new Super STALKER Sunday! Sorry it has taken me so long to get to you. The response has been OVERWHELMING! I hope you won't be a stranger and come back next week, or even just mid week and say hello! : ) I post lots of other great things like recipes, tackles, and rambles (oh my!).

    I also should mention that I have a FANTASTIC Blog Hop Directory that has at least a dozen blogs listed for every day of the week. No kidding! Come and check it out! : )

    ReplyDelete