Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Clearing the Clutter

A couple of months ago I did a post about wanting to get organized.

(click here )


Well . . . I never did sign up for that class that I mentioned.
I wasn't organized enough to sign up by the registration deadline!

Sooo . . . I am going to try something new on my eternal pile of papers that I have on my kitchen counter.
Please tell me that you also have such a pile . . . please??
(unfortunately, just ignoring them will not make them go away . . . I already tried that)

I am going to try the "touch it once" method.

I have heard of this method several times. It means that instead of just rearranging my papers into different stacks, I will actually do something with each paper that I pick up. File it, trash it, send it, give it, etc . . . actually deal with it. I am going to start on the existing stack I have and then I am going to try to use this method with mail and other papers that come into my house
as they come in.
I need to make this work!!
I do realize that some things just need to wait until later to be dealt with. All these papers can go into my neat little black file box in my computer armoire. (my goal)

Wish me luck and let me know how you stay organized!!

p.s. . . I appreciate all of the e-mails that I get from you!

It makes me happy to know people are actually reading my writing.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment