Tonight, I was tutoring a high school girl at the library. She was so worried about everything.
Her weight, her soccer skills, her math assignment, her upcoming tests, her school fundraiser (yes, I bought a $20 cheesecake from her!), her advanced biology work that we didn't even have time to really touch.
As she was beginning to hyperventilate, I calmed her down and let her know that everything was going to be OK.
As I looked at her, I felt like I was looking in a mirror!
She reminded myself of ME as a high schooler.
Well, actually, she reminded me of me right now.
I always seem to have something I am flustered and worried about.
"Gotta get this done, then I gotta get that done, then I gotta figure out where that money is going to come from, then I gotta make sure he is happy, then I gotta make sure she likes me, then I gotta solve all of that person's problems, then I gotta, gotta, gotta, gotta" . . .
Sometimes I need to remind myself not to worry so much and just enjoy life. . .. . . and leave the takin' care of business to God.
Sure, we definitely have a responsibility to take care of the things that we have control over. But all the rest, we need to hand over to our loving Father who created us in His image. He loves us so much and will take care of all our needs.
Sure, we definitely have a responsibility to take care of the things that we have control over. But all the rest, we need to hand over to our loving Father who created us in His image. He loves us so much and will take care of all our needs.
* * *
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?
Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
Matthew 6:25-27 New International Version
Cheryl,
ReplyDeleteI looooooooooooved this post! Girl, are we sisters? I mean, we're born on the SAME day just differnt years and to different moms! :)
I am teaching a workshop TODAY on this exact verse!! Yup. That is so funny. I agree, I am the worry queen.
Love you, enjoy the day and I'll be thinking of your, sister! :) XOXO