Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Paper Clutter

A couple of weeks ago, my mom helped me go through a TON of my paperwork. (thanks, Mom!!)
For some reason, this is one of my biggest areas that I need help with. This morning I read this in one of the blogs I follow (http://www.centsationalgirl.com/) :

“Paper clutter causes stress because our paper represents things we need to do (such as pay the bills) or things we may want to do (use this coupon to get a new pair of shoes) or things we think we should do (donate money to the Heart Association) or things we’d like to do (read about the plight of the honey bee and figure out what we can to help) or things we want to remember (this ticket stub because the circus was so much fun).

Therefore, each piece of paper has a sense of obligation associated with it. A stack of paper nags at you, “You should be doing something about me…” which makes it very difficult to relax or even work in a focused manner when you’re in a room piled high with stacks of paper.”

I agree!!
That's my problem!!


There is an online workshop available to help me solve my constant paperwork problem here.
I'm trying to figure out if I am going to take it!
I'll let you know!!
* * * * *
Aren't these roses pretty? I picked them from my garden.
I just love having free flowers all summer!
:)

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! So true. My counter top brings me such stress and no matter how many ways I attempt to bring order, my efforts seem in vain. Let me know if you take the class. I stand in the office supply aisle of Target wishing one of the cute file folders or butterfly clips will bring me sanity...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping I'll be clutter free and stress free very soon, thanks for the link love !

    xoxo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete