Friday, September 24, 2010

"Get Well Soon" - craft idea

Today, I took a homemade gift to a sick friend.  The kids and I were trying to think of the best thing to give this particular friend and they reminded me of his love for m&m's. 
I purchased this plastic container at Hobby Lobby (they have glass ones at Dollar Tree) and filled it with plain and peanut m&m's.
Then I hot glued a piece of yellow paper and buttons all over the top.  I thought they kind of looked like m&m's. :)
I also hot glued a polka dot ribbon around it.I think it turned out pretty cute . . . I may be making these for teacher gifts. (filled with their favorite kinds of candy.)

This craft was super simple, super cheap, and the recipient thought it was super thoughtful. :) 
Who can you make one for today??

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love it!! (And as a teacher... I really wish someone would give me one of these!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this idea! I am making these this week with Ab. Hugs and PUMPKIN to you, Cheryl! :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete