Monday, October 25, 2010

Williams Sonoma Pumpkin Dessert Squares

I was totally sad the other day when I went to buy pecan pumpkin butter at Williams Sonoma.  It was closed . . . like as in closed forever.
:(

I have a pumpkin bar recipe (maybe you've tried it??) and it calls for WS pecan pumpkin butter. 


I was going to buck up and just buy "any old" pumpkin butter, but I couldn't find any anywhere else. I was on the phone calling grocery stores.

Nope, no pumpkin butter.

(I should have bought some at the orchard when I saw some.)


This is the best recipe for Fall (besides pumpkin pie, of course)and they will disappear very quickly . . . I guarantee it.



Williams Sonoma Pumpkin Dessert Squares



1 package yellow cake mix
½ cup butter, melted
3 large eggs
1 jar Muirhead pumpkin butter (This is the Williams Sonoma brand, but I think any will do. The jar was 13.5 oz.)
½ cup milk
1 tablespoon flour
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon cinnamon.


Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Measure one cup of cake mix. Set aside. Stir remaining cake mix with the butter and one egg. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch pan. Mix the jar of pumpkin butter with the remaining two eggs and milk. Pour mixture over layer in the pan. Stir the reserved cake mix with the flour, sugar, butter and cinnamon. Mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over the top of the pumpkin layer. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into two-inch squares. Serves 24.


Enjoy!!! (I hope you can find some good pumpkin butter!)
 
p.s.  We do have two more WS stores in the area, but they are about a half an hour away . . trying to decide if it is worth the drive.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment