(This is actually a picture of my sister's soup . . . this is a repost of this recipe from last year and I didn't feel like taking a new pic)
1 large onion (chopped)
4 carrots (sliced)
3 ribs celery (sliced)
3 garlic cloves (minced)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
6 oz. can tomato paste
14.5 oz. can chicken, beef, or vegetable broth (I used beef)
24 oz. can pinto beans (undrained)
10 oz. pkg. frozen green beans
2-3 cups chopped cabbage
1 medium zucchini (sliced)
8 cups water
2 Tbsp. parsley
2 Tbsp. Italian spice
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
3/4 cup dry acini di pepe (small round pasta)
grated Parmesan or asiago cheese
1. Saute onion, carrots, celery, and garlic in oil until tender.
2. Combine all ingredients except pasta and cheese in slow cooker. (I had to use a pot on the stove instead because my slow cooker was too small.)
3. Cover. Cook 4-5 hours on high or 8-9 hours on low, adding pasta 1 hour before serving time. (on the stove, I just cooked it on low for about 4 hours)
4. Top individual servings with the grated cheese and enjoy! (I served it with Irish soda bread from Great Harvest Bread Co. . . delicious!)
4 carrots (sliced)
3 ribs celery (sliced)
3 garlic cloves (minced)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
6 oz. can tomato paste
14.5 oz. can chicken, beef, or vegetable broth (I used beef)
24 oz. can pinto beans (undrained)
10 oz. pkg. frozen green beans
2-3 cups chopped cabbage
1 medium zucchini (sliced)
8 cups water
2 Tbsp. parsley
2 Tbsp. Italian spice
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
3/4 cup dry acini di pepe (small round pasta)
grated Parmesan or asiago cheese
1. Saute onion, carrots, celery, and garlic in oil until tender.
2. Combine all ingredients except pasta and cheese in slow cooker. (I had to use a pot on the stove instead because my slow cooker was too small.)
3. Cover. Cook 4-5 hours on high or 8-9 hours on low, adding pasta 1 hour before serving time. (on the stove, I just cooked it on low for about 4 hours)
4. Top individual servings with the grated cheese and enjoy! (I served it with Irish soda bread from Great Harvest Bread Co. . . delicious!)
enjoy!!
Cheryl,
ReplyDeletethat looks YUMMY! I am going to try it! You guys live near a Great Harvest AND a Trader Joes. So not fair. XOXO Polly
Looks really good!
ReplyDeleteLooks yummy! I may have to try this! :)
ReplyDelete