Friday, October 22, 2010

Baby, Baby

I came across these pictures of a baby shower that I threw for my sister a few years ago and I wanted to share these ideas with you.  It was so much fun doing this!! 
We knew she was having a boy (our cutie little Caleb) so I knew what colors to use.  Diane is a very classy lady, so I decided to try to make the shower as "classy" as I could.

Here is the dessert table.  I put white Christmas lights under light blue tulle, then added height with various sized boxes wrapped in coordinating paper.




A little blurry, but here is the dessert table with all of the desserts on it. 


I decided to use the favors as a decoration.  I bought 30 identical vases at my favorite little shop and put light blue and white flowers in them.  (I had to order the flowers ahead of time since I wanted them to be blue)
Can you see the mantle in the background??



I had fun decorating the mantle.  I used the same theme as the dessert table.




The food table also had the same theme.  We ordered a ton of food from one of my sister's favorite restaurants and filled all the platters with it.  I labeled each platter so everyone could know what everything was.  (lots of different pastas)
(I don't have any pics of the yummy food since I was so busy during the party.)
I absolutely loved planning this shower!


1 comment:

  1. oh Cheryl, I kinda wish I was pregnant so you could plan my shower! :) You are so creative. What a beautiful day for your sis. The other day when I saw the pic of Caleb with the kids, made my heart smoosh. So THANKFUL he is healthy and happy after his accident! What a joy that little guy must be. He is such a muffin!

    Have a fun weekend! and YES... you gotta try ZUMBA, just once. :) Gotta. hehe.

    ReplyDelete