Saturday, October 9, 2010

Typical Saturday

John's mom is here to visit.
I had been trying to think of things we could do while she is here, (downtown Chicago, the Arboretum, etc.)but we decided to just "be" while she is here.  You know, just live out a typical Saturday with her.
Our "typical" Saturday starts with some sort of sporting event, usually baseball.

Jake did a great job pitching and hitting today!  He was pleased that Grandma was there to witness it. :)

(Words cannot express how beautiful this day was. . . so I won't even try. 
Look at this tree.
Gorgeousness.)

Another typical thing we do on Saturdays is try to actually get something accomplished since it is our only day when we are all home. 
Today, John wanted to finally say "good-bye" to the rest of the run-down playhouse that he has been tearing down bit by bit ever since we moved here.


While we were waiting for the fire to go out, the kids measured up against Grandma . . . they are always excited to see how close they are to passing her up in height.
almost!!

Just a few more years, Luke.

Of course, a typical day any day for Caroline is catching something in the grass. 
Today it was a moth.
Typical Saturdays are the best. 

Some other "typical" things we did today were:
playing in the sprinkler (in our clothes?)
eating orange chicken outside
playing four square
taking a tour of our new school
playing mancala
making homemade popcorn
watching a movie in our jammies

2 comments:

  1. oh I love this post. :)

    I love the pic of Caroline in the grass.

    oooooh orange chicken? Recipe?

    I loved the quote too. I will respond to what the pastor meant by that in the comments on my blog. I bet some girls were wonderin'. LOVE YOU CHERLY!!

    Have a wonderful week. Wish we were neighbors. :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I love this. It's the best to just to just chill and be ourselves. Your area looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete