Sunday, October 3, 2010

Easy Chili Recipe

Before we went to the apple orchard on Thursday, I threw some chili ingredients into my crock pot.
I was so glad I did!
  It was so great coming home to the smell of hot chili.
I used my husband's mom's recipe because it uses only a few ingredients and he says it tastes like home.
:)
I also like this recipe because it is mild enough for the kids to eat it and they like that there are no "yucky chunks" (green peppers, corn, etc.) in it like some of the chili recipes I make.

Easy Chili

Brown 1 lb of hamburger with 1/2 large onion (chopped) and 1/2 tsp. chili powder (I added more), 1/4 tsp. garlic powder and salt.
Drain fat.
Add 1 quart tomatoes (I used diced), 1 can chili hot beans,  1 can kidney beans, and 1 can tomato sauce.
Add other half of onion, more chili powder, and a little garlic. 
Simmer on stove for at least 1/2 hour, or put in crock pot on low for as many hours as you are going to be out apple pickin'.
:)
(I doubled the recipe so we could have some company over and also for the leftovers!)

2 comments:

  1. mmmm chili!!

    Isn't Fall just the best? Cornbread... I'll make some and come on over. :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete