Thursday, March 5, 2009

Guess How Much I Love You

The other day I heard that Luke and Caroline were arguing about something. When I went to go hear what it was about, I was delightfully surprised. They were "arguing" about who loved the other more. Luke would say, "I love you this much!", holding out his arms as far as they could reach. And Caroline would say, "I love you this much!", reaching high above his head. Then Luke would say, "I love you to the ceiling!" And Caroline would retort, "I love you to space!" This went on for quite some time and it ended very happily with a nice warm hug and my heart melting all over the floor.
Luke obviously got his "I love you this much" idea from this wonderful book. We just started reading it to him again after it had been forgotten for quite some time. It is so cute to hear just how much he loves us.

In the book, little Nutbrown Hare keeps telling Big Nutbrown Hare how much he loves him and Big Nutbrown Hare always comes back with a reply of how he loves him more. ("I love you to the moon." . . . "I love you to the moon . . . and back.") Every time I read it to Luke, I think about how that is the way it is with God. No matter how much we love Him, He loves us more. That comforts me.

No comments:

Post a Comment