Friday, March 27, 2009

Favorites on Fridays . . . Like Oprah's "O" List, But Not Really

Favorite Hymn : Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus


I have many favorite hymns, but this is my current favorite. It just keeps popping into my mind and I find myself humming it. I think that God is trying to remind me to "keep looking up". (that is what my Grandpa Fridstrom always told me to do) In a world with so many problems and pressures, we do need to keep turning our eyes toward our Saviour. I love the phrase "strangely dim". That describes so perfectly how the world seems to me when I am focused on Him. I encourage you to read the refrain of this hymn and turn your eyes toward Him today.

"Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace."
* * *
If you'd like to listen to the hymn, click here . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment