OK. . . I looked at my dining room table today and just sighed. We have this sign in our house ( I love signs) that says "Keep It Simple". It is supposed to be a reminder to me to, well . . . keep it simple! I have a tendency to go overboard on everything I do. I am trying soo hard to change, but I just can't. Take Valentine's Day, for instance. (look at my table) You would think that it was no big deal, but I have been so busy! I realized how silly I was being when I told my sister the other night on the phone that I was stressed out because of Valentine's Day. Her "huh?" reaction led me to explain that I was helping the kids make Valentines to send to the Grandmas, aunts, cousins, and I was getting all of the teacher gifts ready and all of the playdate Valentines ready and all of the classroom Valentine's ready. (Caroline decided to make handmade Valentines this year complete with a sack full of goodies for each kid in her class . . . uh oh, she's turning out just like me!) Oh, and I am in charge of Jake's Valentine party and I need to make Jello jigglers in the shape of hearts for Caroline's class party. I love any excuse to celebrate anything, so I just have so much fun during holidays. I just wish I could keep it more simple! 
Proverbs 13:7b "A plain and simple life is a full life."
Oh, Cheryl! I wish I could be more like you! Not so much the stress, but the awesome handmade cards and goodies that make everyone feel so loved. I know that after Valentine's Day you'll be so glad you made so much of it!
ReplyDelete