Friday, February 27, 2009

Favorites on Fridays . . . Like Oprah's "O" List, But Not Really

Favorite Store : TARGET
My favorite store in the whole world is Target. I like it so much that I have banned myself from going there for one whole year. I was addicted to it! Every time I was there, I found something (or twenty things!) that I couldn't live without. I always tried to go and get what was on my list and nothing more, but I seriously could never do it. Every time I would look at my credit card statement, I would get embarrassed because it would say "Target, Target, Target, Target. . ." I would go after the kids were asleep and just
s-h-o-p. It was therapeutic for me. I felt "at home" there. I knew I had a problem when our family went to go live in my parents' cabin for a summer in the middle of the woods in Wisconsin and I started going through withdrawal.
I have made it for two months now and it's kind of exciting. . . I'm up for the challenge and the kids sure think it's funny. (especially Jake because I always made him go with me to keep me focused on my list and now he doesn't have to do that anymore) I am saving a lot of money, that is for sure. I sometimes wonder about all of the things that I am missing out on, though. :)

3 comments:

  1. You go, girl! Our closest Target store is a 45-minute drive, and I always say that's a good thing for me. I think I would be the same way if I were in your shoes. As it is, I have to content myself with WalMart...and shopping there is work and not fun. I guess that's good. Love the idea about spending a summer in the woods. I bet that was neat for your family.

    BTW - I didn't realize, at first, who baby Reagan's Mom was. I do sort of remember her, and, of course, I knew Michelle. I am praying for all of them. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh heavens... I drive past Target FOUR times a day on my way to and from Abbi's school. It is my FAVORITE! I cannot let Dan read this post... =) Way to go, girl! XOXO
    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I could give it up for Lent... much less a year! Good luck with that Cheryl:) You have to at least let friends pick up clearance items for you... :)

    ReplyDelete