This year, I only made a few and I have realized that the best way to keep them is by getting people to hold me accountable to keep them.
Accountability is KEY.
My first resolution is to exercise regularly.
I don't have a goal of how much weight to lose or how fast I should run a mile. I just want to exercise because I know I should.
I have been doing the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels and I really love it.
It is challenging, but doable and the results are AMAZING. I have more energy and I feel strong and toned. A few close friends have been checking up on me and I have been checking up on them. It really motivates me to actually do it when I know someone will be asking me if I did!
Another resolution I have is to spend more time in God's Word.
Again, accountability plays a major role.
I have signed up to be in a Bible Study called There is a Season: Experiencing Contentment In Every season of Life. (by Laurie Cole) It is SO GOOD.
This is just the first week of the study, but I have gotten so much out of it already. I will post about what I am learning real soon.
I have always had a hard time making time to study God's Word. Why?? It should be the most important thing to me!!
When someone is holding me accountable (my small group) it motivates me to sit down and do my lesson. I know I should be motivated to on my own, but I am just not.
I have a few more resolutions, like cooking better and healthier dinners for my family , getting more organized, finishing projects in our house, really spending "quality time" with the kids, working on building a stronger marriage, etc . . . but I just wanted to focus on the two big ones for me this year.


I have got to get back to some form of exercising. I did the Shred DVD for awhile this summer. I wish I had your motivation!!
ReplyDelete