Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Muffin Tops and Clementines

Well . . . I just got finished doing the Shred and I feel great!! Day 7 complete! 23 to go?!

I've just got to get rid of my muffin tops . . .




 . . . and my saddle bags! ;)

I will!!

Now, to totally change the subject . . .
I wanted to tell you about a book series that Caroline and I have been reading. 
They are the Clementine books written by Sara Pennypacker.
We LOVE them!



Clementine is an imaginative, creative, observant, and playful 3rd grader. She pays attention to every detail of daily life. Her teachers keep telling her to "pay attention" in class! (She keeps thinking "I am paying attention.") She's  a challenge for her parents (she refers to herself as "the hard one" as opposed to her "easy" brother). She doesn't always make the right decisions, but her lessons are great ones and they are funny!!
Clementine is a great friend.  In the chapter that we read tonight, her friend, Margaret, got glue stuck in her hair and was trying to cut it out with scissors.  Her hair looked awful after she was finished with it.  Clementine decided to try to help and even it out, which meant cutting ALL of Margaret's hair off (with plastic art scissors).  Margaret's parents were furious at Clementine. She felt bad for Margaret, so that night she cut off all of her own hair to make Margaret feel like she was not alone.  Yikes!   
We love Clementine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment