Thursday, January 1, 2009

Highlights of 2008

Since I just started blogging, I would like to share some highlights from the year 2008. Stick with me... it's a long blog!!

In January, we welcomed with great joy Diane and Colin's baby, Caleb.

In February, we had our traditional Valentine's Day supper and ....

... Jake had a solo in the school musical. He played the part of the man who wrote "It is Well with my Soul", which he sang beautifully.

In March, we celebrated Easter.

In April, we went with Diane and Colin in their RV down to Tennessee to "rough it" in the Smoky Mountains. We stayed at a Jellystone campground and visited Gatlinburg. The kids' favorite part was visiting Ripley's Aquarium.


Cousin Jodi and her husband, Mark, were able to come and see us in Gatlinburg.

In May, I went to my best friend from high school's baby shower. She had a beautiful baby girl, Abigail. (miss you, Stace!!)

In June (the day before the last day of school) Jake broke his arm jumping off a swing and ...

... we sold our house in Geneva. Luckily, it sold right away. Thank you, Lord!! (We'll miss our little house, though.)

In July, we moved into our new home,

which happens to have an in-ground pool... the kids love it!! (Makes me a little bit nervous, though.)

In August, we went to Bethany Beach to stay with my Uncle Dan and Aunt Marg on our way to my Aunt Carol's funeral in Michigan. Bethany Beach is a very cool Christian beach community in Michigan with tons of things to do for kids. We had a great time.

... and Caroline started Kindergarten ... which she loves!! She is a little social butterfly.

... John's mom also came to visit us. (Don't they look alike?)
In September, Luke turned three! We had a golf birthday party for him.
On September 7, Caroline broke her arm while riding her bike. She had to have pins put in ...

... and on September 24, Jake fell in gym class and broke his radius and ulna!! (NO more broken bones, please!)
We also went to Door County, WI. My parents rented a condo there for the weekend.

Colin, Diane, and Caleb were there, too!
Steve and Rebecca's family joined us, as well.
Grandpa with all the non-napping cousins.
In October, we had two jedi knights and one very hot dog! (We trick-or-treated in 80 degree weather!)

In November, we hosted Thanksgiving in our new home. My parents, Steve's family, and Diane's family came for supper and then Uncle Phil and Aunt Nancy came with Julie's family for dessert.


The 'kids table'. Steve and Rebecca's kids (Houston, Holly, and Dawson) and our kids.
John finished the dining room just in time for Thanksgiving. He put up crown moulding and a chair rail and painted the walls. Good job, John!



And December was all about Christmas!!
May you have a blessed 2009!
Thank you for reading this long blog!! It was so much fun to put together!!

4 comments:

  1. hey cheryl! i've had so much fun looking at your pictures! very nice house by the way!! and i love how you have "traditions". your giving me some good ideas for the future. what a great name for your blog too...counting blessings is the best thing! mark and i have had a blog for over a year..you'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi, I actually have been checking out your blog. I'm not quite sure how to make a comment on it, though. I like your new apartment complex! Luxury!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Cheryl! What a year. The broken bones...!! Love your new house! Isn't it great to look back over a year and see so many blessings that are just huge but get forgotten so quickly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Cheryl! I love your blog. Even when I don't comment, I am reading! :) I can't believe all the broken bones! It was neat to see Steve's family, I told Dan he has 3 kiddos! Very fun to look back at the year. I love your new home, too! XOXO

    ReplyDelete