Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Unexpected Blessing

Those of you who know me well, know that I LOVE snow. I can't get enough of it! I think that everything looks so beautiful and new after a fresh snowfall. There always seems to be an excitement in the air whenever it snows ... neighbors come out of their winter hibernation to shovel their driveways and kids get their hopes all up about the possibility of a snow day. All the dirty, yucky grass gets covered with a fresh white blanket and everything seems well with my soul when it snows ... I told you I have a thing for snow. Anyway ... when the kids were getting ready for school today, huge snowflakes started falling and they fell for quite a while. I had no idea it was supposed to snow. I turned on the news and the weatherman reported that the snow would probably evaporate before it hit the ground. I love that it made it all the way to the ground. What an unexpected blessing for me today ... I love snow.

2 comments:

  1. ME TOO, ME TOO, ME TOO!! I love that about you, Cheryl, because I feel the same way. We got those same snow flakes today around 7:30am when all we were supposed to get was freezing rain. They were like feathers...so huge! The same unexpected blessing! What a great start to a January day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love snow too. Right now I am sitting at the computer watching the kids play on our trampoline in the snow. It is so peaceful. I was bummed yesterday because it started to melt but today it is back.

    ReplyDelete