Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Secret Shopper

Last night, one of my tutoring kids did not show up at the library. So I decided to run to the grocery store for a few minutes until my next kid came. I always treasure every second I can get ALONE at a store! (It was a nice little excursion except the second I set foot on the parking lot, the ice got the better of me and now I have two bruised knees, a sore neck, and a sprained thumb.) Anyway... this morning I put some of the cereal I bought on the table and Jake looked at me in disbelief and said, "When did you go to the store?!" I found myself actually trying to explain how I managed to find a second of time to myself. He seemed to buy my story. Then later that morning when Luke came down for breakfast, I pulled out one of the new drinks that I had bought the night before. "Where did you get that?!" he asked. Again, I found myself hemming and hawing........ I guess I need to get out by myself more, don't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment