Thursday, January 15, 2009

Warm Blessings

Psalm 147 : 16 "He spreads the snow like wool and scatters the frost like ashes."

I can't believe how cold it is!!! On my way home from tutoring, the car thermometer said it was -15! Yikes!! I said a quick prayer for anyone who might be out in that without protection! On the news this morning, the reporter was interviewing a street vendor who couldn't afford to not work for a day. I was so impressed with the man's attitude. He was smiling and he was happy to describe how many pairs of pants and underwear he was wearing. He was doing what he had to do and he was making the best of it. I wanted to go downtown Chicago and find that man and take him out for a warm lunch!! Seeing him made me so very thankful for the simple blessing of a warm house and the security of knowing that I was going to have warm food on my table that night without having to freeze all day for it. Thank you, God, for everything you have given to me and help me to help others who are in need.

3 comments:

  1. What a great story, love that he wore extra undies and kept smiling depsite the cold. Sure makes me thankful. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a way of looking at things, Cheryl. You are so compassionate. It does me good to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog looks great! Isn't it so theraputic for a mother of three:) Like scrapbooking and journally all in one. Love the story behind your blog name - I had completely forgot about that. Your Christmas picture was great too!

    ReplyDelete