I always like to see what my friends are buying at Trader Joe's, so I thought I would share a few of the things that ended up in our cart.
Come along as we unload the groceries. . .
(note the cabinets are still brown)
By the way . . . Luke is so much fun to shop with.
This is a MUST to keep in your pantry.
If you have this and a brownie mix . . . you have a fabulous homemade dessert ready to go!
I used to make my chocolate frosting from scratch, but now I am hooked on this.
It is soooo good (and easy).
I promise.
I love this hand soap.
If you like almond flavor, buy these.
They are amazing.
My husband loves them.
I like to keep these on hand for when I am "munchy".
Throw in a few chocolate chips, and it is a real treat.
I like to buy lunch meats that don't contain nitrates or nitrates.
I just feel better about it.
They are a little more pricey, but it's worth it to me.
Luke's favorite cereal.
Caroline likes these.
At only 99 cents a bag, I always grab a couple.
Again, throw in a few chocolate chips, and you have a real treat!
Luke's favorite drink.
The other kids won't touch it.
The funny thing is that Luke is our "Mr. Picky."
It is really good . . . it just doesn't sound like it would taste good.
I like to keep these on hand for when I need something to feed the kids fast. (like when it is 5:30 and the kids say, "What's for dinner??")
And I like to keep these on hand for when we have a little extra time (time??) and can grill some delicious salmon. They are frozen and keep "fresh" for a very long time.
My favorite pb and j.
These peaches are AMAZING . . . better than any dessert I could ever make.
My kids love when I have these in the freezer for a little something different in the morning.
These are handy to have for a high protein snack for kids.
Just throw them in the microwave, stick toothpicks in each one, and serve them with ketchup.
And last, but not least . . . we LOVE this orange chicken.
I always buy two bags (I quickly figured out that our family needs more than one to make a meal).
Jake especially likes it.
I serve it with rice, orange slices, and steamed broccoli.
Easy meal and the kids enjoy it so much (even Mr. Picky!)
Thanks for helping me unload the groceries!!
~cheryl
Cheryl, I loved this post! It was so fun getting to peek into your cart. :)
ReplyDeleteI love shopping at Trader Joes and it's great to get some reccomendations on other things to try.
I'm wondering if my little guy would like carrot juice? We'll have to give it a try!
yeah, what lisa said. I agree. can i just sign my name at the end of her post? thanks.
ReplyDeleteAwesomeness!! You have inspired me to do a Trader Joe's favorite list! Thank you. We like a lot of the same things. Great taste = ))
ReplyDeleteThat looks great. I'm gonna check it out. :-)
ReplyDeleteHi Cheryl!
ReplyDeleteFollowing you back from the hop. I just finished roaming around your blog and really loved the "I miss out West". I am an Arizona native, all my family is there and we are going on our 7th year in Glen Ellyn IL...I still miss home but we had the most beautiful 70 degree day today so I do not miss the raging heat...just my fam. Great to find your blog. (I love Trader Joes too) I will be seeing you around, added you to my favs!
jenny at dapperhouse
http://jennyatdapperhouse.blogspot.com/
Why don't you make your own "lunch meats"? You could buy organic turkey, ham, beef, roast it, let it cool and slice thinly. Tastes so much better, you'd know exactly what's in it, it's cheaper and doesn't really take that much time.
ReplyDeleteInvest in a slicer, if you want thin, "store bought" slices :-D
I live the Trader Joes marinated tuna steaks in the freezer section.
ReplyDelete