Saturday, June 18, 2011

gluten-free cookies for my dad

I wanted to make my dad a special treat for Father's Day.
He only eats gluten-free food, so I made these peanut butter cookies.

I don't usually think gluten-free food is delicious, but these are delicious!!
I promise.

Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups peanut butter (I used Trader Joe's Organic creamy)


  • 2 cups white sugar (I used 1 cup white and 1 cup brown)


  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda


  • 1/2 teaspoon salt


  • 4 eggs, beaten


  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla


  • 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (optional ~ I used walnuts and they tasted great!)


  • 1/2 cup coconut (optional, but highly recommended!)



    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheet. (I highly recommend using parchment paper instead)
    2. Combine sugar with baking soda and salt. (dry ingredients)
    3. Beat eggs with vanilla.
    4. Combine peanut butter, egg mixture, and dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Mix in coconut and nuts. (mix by hand, not a mixer)
    5. Roll into balls (not too big).  The dough will seem very gooey, that's OK. Put some sugar in a bowl and roll the balls in the sugar.
    6. Put balls on cookie sheet and press down with a fork to make a criss cross pattern.  (After this step, I also sprinkled the cookies with a little more sugar ..  . can never have enough sugar, right?)
    7. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before placing on cookie rack.
    Enjoy!!
    Happy Father's Day, Dad!!

    5 comments:

    1. I just wanted to invite you to my link party that runs Friday evening through Sunday. You can link main blog URls, Etsy, Twitter, facebook, give aways, recipes, and crafts!

      http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/06/party-mindie-style-link-up-2.html

      ReplyDelete
    2. thx for the blog hop follow yours is very nice i love the deco

      ReplyDelete
    3. those cookies look so freaking good. I mean, SO GOOD!!! I can't wait to make them for my Hubs!!!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Looks amazing! I love the addition of the nuts. God bless your dad. GF is tough, I've been at it for a year. Now, it's finally second-nature to me. Don't miss gluten at all. Cheese on the other hand...

      :)

      ReplyDelete
    5. Hi! Those cookies look delicious! Thanks so much for linking up with Super Stalker Sunday hop. Hope you'll be able to join us again next week!

      Your Co-Host,
      Emily from Nap Time Is My Time

      ReplyDelete