Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Under the Sea

I was going through some old pictures and came across Caroline's fifth birthday pictures.

She wanted an "under the sea" theme.
This cake was super easy to make (the "sand" was brown sugar)and I loved how it turned out.
Here are the stairs leading down to "the ocean" . . .
. . . and here is "the ocean".
I taped white Christmas lights all over the walls of the basement, then I covered them with blue plastic tablecloths (they came in a huge roll from the party supply store.)  The kids made fish to hang up everywhere.
I also hung streamers and balloons all over the ceiling to make the girls feel like they were under water.

(I obviously had way more time and energy then!!)

We played a few games.  The favorite was the "fishing booth" . . . Jake was hiding behind it and when the girl's line would come down, he would attach a prize (stuffed ocean animal) on it.
I think Caroline had fun. :)

I can't believe how much she has grown since these pictures . . .she is 8 now . . . time sure does fly.
I can't wait to start planning her ninth birthday party.
What will the theme be????

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

2 comments:

  1. you are so creative and resourceful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant!! I adore this post! She is such a cutie. I hope she had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete