Friday, June 4, 2010

Sneak Peek at Family Room

OK . . . we have been very busy, so the family room is still not completed. We are loving how it looks so far, though. I kind of like taking my time to do the finishing touches. That is definitely my very favorite part.
I LOVE these curtains that I found at IKEA. (the Matilda curtains) I love how they brighten up the room and I also love that they come in a super long length so I can hang them close to the ceiling and they still have material left to pool on the floor. They are exactly what I was looking for.
* * Thank you, Kimba, from A Soft Place to Land (http://www.asoftplace.net/ ) for the idea!!* *
Aren't they lovely??
I love this fun birdhouse that my neighbor gave me for the room. (can you tell I love the color white?)
Here are the new baseboards that we put up after the board and batten was installed. (I LOVE how it turned out!)

I decided to try some vinyl letters on the wall and I was completely delighted with the results. I told John that every room in our house is soon going to have vinyl sayings on the walls. (Unfortunately, he didn't give me the OK to do that . . . shucks!)
I will post more pics soon . . . people have been asking me for "after" pictures, but I don't want to show the whole room until it is completely finished. Soon, very soon.
Oh, by the way, don't you just loooove these peonies that I got from my neighbor??? God is such an artist! Beautiful!! I am going to plant some of these in our back yard for sure!!
Please stay tuned for my family room "after" pictures. We just need to figure out how to mount a TV on a brick fireplace. Details.

No comments:

Post a Comment