She ordered 10 caterpillars from California and waited patiently for two whole weeks for them to arrive.
I wonder what the mailman thought.
:)
Then she waited patiently for them to turn into chrysalids. (I had never heard that term before these came in the mail . . . I always thought it was chrysalis's . . . I think both are correct)
Anyway . . .as soon as they all turned into chrysalids, we attached them to her butterfly tent.
In about 10 days, they all began to hatch!! ALL of them!! How wonderful! They were Painted Lady butterflies.
Caroline enjoyed taking them out to "play", then she let them go (one each day).

It was really a great experience to watch the miracle of metamorphosis. God is amazing . . . to be able to change an ugly caterpillar into a beautiful butterfly like that.
Just think of what he can do with us, if we let Him.
Just think of what he can do with us, if we let Him. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment