Sunday, June 27, 2010

Easy Bruschetta


We had some good friends over tonight for a swim and a poolside barbeque. I made bruschetta for the first time. It turned out really well, I think!! Here is how I did it. (with the help of Whole Foods Market . . . I love that place almost as much as I love TJ's . . . almost)
I bought a tub of their delicious heirloom tomato bruschetta mixture.
I also bought a French baguette that was already sliced.
I brushed olive oil on one side of each piece of bread and put in on the top rack of the oven at 450* for about 5 minutes. (olive oil side down)
Then I took it out of the oven and put the slices of bread (olive oil side up) on a platter and put the bruschetta mixture on each one and served it immediately.
Oh yum . . . and fresh!! It had just the right amount of garlic and cilantro in it.
SO Easy!! And delicious!!

If you don't have a Whole Foods Market to help you out, you can find all kinds of bruschetta recipes online when you Google it.

(p.s. that is not really my picture of my bruschetta . . . I didn't take one because I was too busy with my company to think about taking a picture . . . I just found one on SimplyRecipes.com that looked like mine.)

1 comment:

  1. Did someone say bruschetta????? One of my all time favorite appetizers. I heart Wholefoods!!!!! I get so much inspiration there!!!!

    ReplyDelete