Thursday, November 5, 2009

More Fun at the Arboretum

Here's Caroline relaxing on top of "Big Rock". We had to hike about a quarter of a mile into the woods to get to it. It was such a beautiful walk, though.
Here I am looking up at the kids on top of "Big Rock". :)
Since we were studying habitats in science, we visited the "Animal House" exhibit that is at the Arboretum right now. It was wonderful!!

Luke is sitting on a squirrel.

So is Caroline. :)
Whenever we were at a habitat, the kids pretended they were that animal. I was always the predator and they kept trying to hide from me in their homes. Here, they are little raccoons.
Here are my two cute little beavers.
The beavers are going for a little swim.

Awww. . . look at these cute little birds.

Here is a giant ant digging a tunnel through the dirt.

Another ant!!

Do I see two little squirrels in that tree?
The kids (and I) had so much fun learning more about the habitats that we have been studying. We love the Arboretum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment