The other day, Caroline and I made some homemade play dough. I got the recipe online from a school in Maryland. It is the BEST Play Dough recipe ever!! I like it because it is super smooth (not grainy). I also like it because the kids play with it SO much longer than store bought Play Dough. It is perfect for making "cookies". Caroline kept playing candy store and making cherry Tootsie Rolls and other "yummy" things.


Caroline made a banana split!
Here is the recipe:
Here is the recipe:
4 cups flour
1 cup salt
4 cups water
4 Tablespoons oil
1 package of UNSWEETENED Kool Aid (for smell . . . we used cherry)
food coloring
1/2 cup cream of tartar (the secret ingredient to make it super smooth!! expensive, but worth it!!)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan. Cook and stir over low/medium heat until play dough is completely formed and no longer sticky. (be patient . . .keep stirring and don't stop until it is a huge ball) Allow to cool slightly before storing in an airtight container or Zip-Loc bag.
ENJOY!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment