On Monday, November 16th, it was my 39th birthday. I started celebrating on Sunday with some friends by going downtown Geneva to eat and do a little shopping. (two of my favorite things!!) When I got home, the kids and John surprised me with a little party. They made me a cake and gave me a lot of treasures that they picked out for me at Trader Joe's. (they know my love language)
On my actual birthday, we did school in the morning in our jammies and then we headed to downtown Geneva again. (I just love it there.) I took Luke and Caroline out to eat at a place called the Little Traveler and then we went to a cute little coffee shop named Grahams 318 and I bought the kids gelato. Grahams 318 is in an old house and there is seating upstairs in the "bedrooms". We sat at an antique table and looked at old World Book Encyclopedias that were on the bookshelves. How fun! Who knew?! The kids would say a word and then we would look to see if it was in the encyclopedia. We also played CandyLand and Connect Four while we were there. I truly enjoyed every minute of it. I was definitely counting my blessings. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment