Monday, February 7, 2011

Our "Fancy" Valentine's Day Dinners

Every year on Valentine's Day, our family has a "fancy" dinner.
The kids help set the table.
Everything is heart-shaped.
I make love notes for everyone.
We go around the table and tell each other what we love about each other.
I love our sweet Valentine's dinners.

Last year, in addition to our little fancy dinner, we had a fancy lunch for my daughter and her friends.

We made favors. (my daughter even wrote everyone's names in cursive on them)


We had flowers.

We let the girls decorate their own cupcakes.

We had "tea" (raspberry lemonade) and little heart shaped cookies. (I found the cookies at Aldi .. . saw them there again this year)

We had Jell-o jigglers . . .heart-shaped, of course.

We had heart-shaped sandwiches. (peanut butter/jelly and ham/cheese)

We had red fruit . . . heart-shaped watermelon and strawberries.

Every girl brought their favorite doll . . . my daughter (and her doll) had a fabulous time.

I'm still trying to decide what our Valentine's Day will look like this year . . . I'm always looking for something new I can make "heart-shaped".
Any ideas??

I'm linking up with Debbiedoo's Newbie Linky Party . . .  http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/2011/02/lets-get-it-started-again-lets-get-it.html
. . . and
. . . and Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

5 comments:

  1. This is just so cute! I have boys, so I never get to do this kind of thing. I think we will do a V-Day dinner though, sounds like fun! I'm your newest follower and I found you on Debbiedoo's.

    Melanie
    youmadethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cheryl! Very cute! I just started following you and gave you the Stylish Blogger Award! Check it out on my blog!
    http://mallicious.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm your newest follower, found you on Debbie's party! Would love it if you came by & visited my blog & follow back! Nice to meet you! :) Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun! Your kids must feel so special and loved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how fun! it makes me excited to hear when mom's do special things like this for their families! it just makes me smile and i think how blessed your kids are to have you. :) thank you so much for sharing with us!
    jen

    ReplyDelete