Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick or Treat!!!!!

We had a lovely evening to go out gathering candy with friends.  (a little chilly, but beautiful)



Who dat??
Well, it's Drew Brees from the New Orleans Saints, of course! (Jake wanted to be Jermon Bushrod, but we couldn't get his jersey)
I tried to not spend $$ on the costumes this year, so I used an old helmet from the neighbors and spray painted it to look similar to a real Saints helmet.  Here is the "before" . . .

. . . and here is the "after". 
Not bad, right?? 

Jake thoroughly enjoyed being a football player for the evening.  (his over protective mom won't let him play on a football team yet)

He looks pretty good as a football player, I must say.







Caroline went as a dog.



The costume was from a neighbor and her good buddy, Alie, just happened to have the very same costume!!

And look at that sweet cupcake!

Luke went as Brian Urlacher from the Bears.



He loved running from house to house gathering his treats.



"Daddy . . . stop eating my candy!!"

The whole gang . . .



Friendship is so very sweeeet.
:)

2 comments:

  1. so love this post, Cheryl!!

    I think Jake makes a great football player. :) Friendship IS so very sweet. :)

    Yes, that trip to Indy was an early birthday celebration. ;) I can't afford to shop at JJill unless I have birthday $$ in hand! hehe. YOU have a big one coming up, my dear! Are you excited? I am excited for you!!! Any fun plans? 4-0 is a wonderful number to be.

    For my 40th next year? All I want is for Trader Joes to move in my back yard. That's all. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a GREAT job on the helmet!!

    ReplyDelete