Monday, November 8, 2010

A Weekend with Friends

Last weekend, I faced my fear of driving long distances by myself on busy highways in the dark and I went to Ohio to see a few of my college friends.  (It took me 8 hours to get there and 6 to get home . . . lots of construction.) I was proud of myself and I was so glad I went.

We laughed.
We played cards.
We shopped.
We ate out.
We drank coffee.
We stayed up late.
We slept in.
We ate killer brownies.
We talked.


I left Ohio feeling very blessed to have these girls in my life.

"Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys, and dividing our grief."



- Joseph Addison

4 comments:

  1. Nothing better than great friendships. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw you all look so pretty! Good for you for making the drive, I'm such a sissy when it comes to stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw that is awesome! :) I recognize those girls, but forget their names? I remember some faces from TU. Way to go on driving all that way, girl! I am a chicken liver when it comes to driving... 1 hour adn 45 minutes alone is my max! ;)

    Hugs to the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Polly, from left to right . . . Lisa Paulson. Dorie, Annie Bergsten, amd me) :) Next time I go, I will stop by and see you!! I didn't think of it until I was passing through!

    ReplyDelete