Ever since Caroline badly broke her arm riding her bike with training wheels, she has not had any desire to learn how to ride a "two wheeler". (can't say that I blame her) 
Grandma Koz gave her birthday money last year to buy a new bike, but Caroline would not even talk about getting a new one . . . she was just afraid that she would never be able to learn without falling down and getting hurt. :(

Grandma Koz gave her birthday money last year to buy a new bike, but Caroline would not even talk about getting a new one . . . she was just afraid that she would never be able to learn without falling down and getting hurt. :( Well, I decided to finally just take her to the store and ask her which one was her favorite and I just bought it (thanks Grandma Koz!!). We went home and Caroline didn't want to try it. The next day, I told her that she would probably learn really quickly and I kept telling her that once she learned how to ride a bike, she would never forget it. She liked that. :)
Well, in perfect Caroline style, she got on that bike and I ran along side and let go and she took off . . . and she's been riding ever since. :)
She LOVES it!! I think that what she loves the most is that she really thought she would never learn how to ride a bike and this is just such a major victory for her. She rides and rides almost every day. She has only fallen once and that is because Luke tried to lasso her as she was going by and his lasso got stuck in her wheel.

I'm so proud of her!!
"So do not fear, for I am with you."
Isaiah 41:10a
No comments:
Post a Comment