was behind us and she started yelling at the top of her lungs, "C'mon . . . we don't have all day!!!" She was yelling so loudly that people in the parking lot actually stopped walking and looked our way. Of course the kids quickly scrambled to their seats and buckled up faster than they have ever buckled before. My immediate reaction was to get out of the van and sarcastically say, "Does somebody need a hug?"
But I didn't want this to happen. . .
So instead, I waved apologetically and explained to Luke and Caroline that some people are just not happy so they take it out on people like us. We decided that she needs Jesus to be in her heart. :)
I take everything personally (a BIG flaw of mine) so, of course, I let this grouchy lady ruin the rest of my day. For some reason, I keep thinking about her and I am going to start praying for her with the kids. I want them to know that even though she was mean to us, we should love her and pray for her and maybe someday she will not be grouchy. I know that there MUST be something in her life that is taking away her happiness. There must be. We'll never know, but hopefully one day her heart will soften and she will start counting her blessings. ;)
p.s. and if you have never watched the movie ELF . . . watch it!! (don't wait until Christmas)
Cheryl,
ReplyDeleteyou are my soul sister, I tell you!!! We even have the same birthdays!
I love how you handled that and the prayers with your kids. LOVED IT. Remember my lady at the berry patch?
XOXO Polly