I made this casserole today and thought I would share it with you. My Nonny (my Mom's mom) used to make it all the time, so it is very much a "comfort food" for me. :) It is very simple and delicious. (I think)
One 16 oz. bag of frozen broccoli florets
(I always use florets, otherwise there are so many stems) Run the broccoli under warm water for a minute and let the water drain off completely. Place in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
One pound of cooked chicken, cut into cubes
(I boil chicken breasts in water with cut up onions, carrots, and celery leaves, with a dash of pepper and salt . . . for a little extra flavor). Cut up and place over broccoli layer. (you can cook the chicken the night before to make the prep time a lot less the next day)
2 cans of cream of chicken soup, 1 cup of mayo (I use light Miracle Whip), and 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Mix together in a bowl and spread mixture over chicken layer.
One cup shredded Cheddar cheese
(I don't measure this. . . I just use as much as it takes to cover the soup mixture)
3 1/4 cup Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing (cannot be the cubed kind) and 3/4 stick of butter
(I told you it was a comfort food!!) Melt the butter in a pan and mix with stuffing. Sprinkle over cheese mixture. 
And while you're at it . . . make two!! The recipe is a cinch to double and
I'm sure you can think of someone to give it to . . . I did!! ;)
And while you're at it . . . make two!! The recipe is a cinch to double and
I'm sure you can think of someone to give it to . . . I did!! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment