I'm thankful for my dad. He has such a great relationship with our Lord, Jesus Christ. It humbles me to see how devoted he is to walking a good Christian life. One of the things that I remember most about growing up with him as my father is that he was so faithful about having quiet time with the Lord every morning. Despite the number of things on his "to do" list for work or the lack of sleep he got the night before, my dad was (and still is) always up before the sun came up spending time reading God's Word and praying. I remember seeing the light peeking out under his closed office door when I would get up in the very early morning to start getting ready for school. I knew just what he was doing and I liked that he was so consistent about it. I definitely have not been very good at spending quality time with the One who created me. Ever since I had babies, I make up excuses (like getting a few extra minutes of sleep!) to not have this much needed quiet time. I am going to really work at making it a priority like my dad does.

Our kids look up to Grandpa so much. He is so funny and really has a good time with them. (See him in the picture? That is very typical of the things he does with the kids.) He makes them laugh, but he also makes them think. He always has good conversations (especially with Jake) about God and I am so grateful for that.
I love you, Dad!! Thanks for being a good example to me. I am blessed to have you as my father.
Psalm 5:3 (New International Version)
In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.
In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.
No comments:
Post a Comment