Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas is Over . . .Now I Can Breathe

Well . . .
all of the company has gone,
all of the presents have been opened,
all of the cards have been sent (well . . . almost all . . . I still have a few addresses to nail down . . .better late than never, right??),
all of the cookies have been added to my waistline,
all of the carols have been sung.

It was a good Christmas.

It was a cozy Christmas.

I don't want it to be over.
I think I'm going to leave our tree up until February . . . I just love sitting in here just staring at it.

Every ornament means so much to me.
I know where I got each and every one.
When the kids were helping me put them on the tree this year, I had them ask me where I got each one and I rememebered every. single. one.
Even the ones my students made for me when I was a teacher 15 years ago.
I love ornaments.
I love Christmas.
I will post some pictures soon of all our Christmas happenings.  I have been trying to just enjoy these two weeks I have with my kiddos. 
We've been mostly sledding (yes, we have a very WHITE Christmas here in Illinois!), playing games, and watching movies.

Have I mentioned that I adore Christmas?? (but I am glad that the busy part is over, so I can breathe and enjoy)

1 comment:

  1. I love trees with meaningful ornaments! Ours will never be classy and color coordinated. But I wouldn't have it any other way! :)

    ReplyDelete