OK . . . so here is what our family room looked like before we started our big project.
Caroline clearly loved the way it was, but I sure didn't. No matter which way we rearranged the furniture, it just was not "right". Something had to be done.
I have decided to put up something called board and batten. I thought it would be the perfect solution to my problem. You see, there was this huge wall of dry wall on the left when you walked into the room.
I just could not figure out what to do with it. The board and batten treatment was my answer!! (we decided to not just do it on one wall, but all of them)
Here is the beginning of our project (after we ripped up the ugly brown carpet! (YAY!!!)
Here is who we called in to help us (actually to do) our big project . . . my brother, Steve. (an excellent handyman, by the way . . . and he is for hire . . . and he travels to you!!)
And here is who else we hired. You can't see him very well, but that is our friend Pete, also a very excellent handyman. (can you see John standing back watching??) 
Here is who we called in to help us (actually to do) our big project . . . my brother, Steve. (an excellent handyman, by the way . . . and he is for hire . . . and he travels to you!!)
John learned a lot watching . . . I'm kidding . . . he did a LOT of the work, too! (especially on the floor).
I absolutely LOVE how the board and batten treatment turned out. It took me two whole days to paint. Now we are trying to figure out what color to paint above it. After that is finished, I will post some more pictures . . . stay tuned! :)
Can you share how your husband hung the tv on the fireplace (hardware etc) and installed the mantel. We are having the same issues. Thanks! Battern looks great. GOing to copy your mudroom idea. love love it!
ReplyDelete