Friday, October 16, 2009

Apple Fest in Long Grove

A couple of weeks ago (I know I'm late in posting these!! I just can't keep up lately!!) we went to Apple Fest in Long Grove, IL. We went with Auntie Diane, Uncle Colin, and cute little Caleb. We had to wait soooo long in line for the apple cider doughnuts, but, OH MY!, the wait was worth it!!!!The butter . . .I mean corn. . . was pretty good, too! ;)
Instead of waiting in line the whole time for the doughnuts, Diane and I took the kids for a pony ride . . . when we got back, they were STILL waiting in line!
Caleb sure had fun on his "horsey".Luke did, too . . . don't let this picture fool you!

Giddyup!!


Caroline loved every minute of it. She took her gloves off and kept stroking the pony. When she got off, she kept trying to find just the right word for the feel of its fur. I told her about the word "coarse" and she accepted it. (She still thought she could find a better word.)

It was a great way to spend a beautiful fall day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment