Wednesday, July 1, 2009

All Smiles

Last night in Jake's playoff game, the teams were tied 1 -1 and they had to go into an extra inning. The other team did not score any runs in the top of the extra inning. Jake's team had two outs and runners on first and third. Jake got up to bat . . . the pressure! He got 2 strikes and 3 balls and then hit the ball between 3rd base and shortstop. .. the left fielder missed the ball and the runner on third base made it home and they WON the game!!! What a moment that was. . . it will never be forgotten.

2 comments:

  1. if only Jake could have seen Mr.Larson jumping in circles for his great hit. I think he was more excited about Jake hitting the ball so well than the team winning! On to the Mets on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh CHeryl, I LOVE your blog!!! Just caught up on the posts I have missed. Jake... what a guy. Way to go! He is such a cutie, as are Caroline and Luke.

    Caroline is a little baker/cook! Tell her the butterlfies are precious. I see a little Rachel Ray in the making. ;)

    John went to Texas? WOW! Tell him he should have gone in like January and taken y'all with him for some sunshine. :)

    Trader Joes... fruit strips. Oh Cheryl, we need a trader Joes sooo bad. Seriously, D and I keep looking at each other like "why don't we have one?" I think if we ever move, we'll put TJ's nearby as a requirement. hehe


    So fun that your family and friend read YIY! That is so sweet. I am amazed at how small our world gets because of the blogs! Your kids are so sweet and love all your creative ideas. That dirt cake is so cool!! At first I thought it WAS a dirt cake! ha.


    Love to you guys! Have a wonderful weekend!!


    The cheesecake is going in the oven any minute... Dan ran to the store to get eggs for me. I always start a recipe and then realize I am missing an igredient. It never fails. :)

    oh! Have you heard from Bobbie lately? Miss her!

    love, Polly

    ReplyDelete