Saturday, August 11, 2012

What I Did with our Old Garage Door ~ part 1

We had a garage door that was in need of being replaced.
It was heavy.
It was old.
It was starting to make our house look, well . . . old.

I kept telling my husband that I was worried it would just come crashing down someday. (I always, of course, added that it would crash down on me or the kids or the car.)
My husband, in husbandly fashion, told me that would never happen.
Then one day, I heard it.
The crash.
Luckily, it didn't crash on anyone or anything.
And I don't think I remember saying, "I told you so." 

After the garage door guy installed our nice new garage door, he put our old door up on his truck, but right before he was going to leave I made my husband tell him to take the door down.  I realized it was made out of wood and I figured I could use it for something . . .

I paint signs.

We cut the door up. (by "we" I mean my husband)

Here is one panel of it after I painted this sign for a customer. 
She has two little girls whose name begin with the letter "C".





I'm so glad I saved the door!
I can't wait to make more signs with it.
Wait until you see what else "we" made out of that old garage door. :)

I'll tell you tomorrow.




6 comments:

  1. It's so good to see you back at blogging!!!! Happy Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl that is simply beautiful!!:)
    can't wait to see more.
    have a happy day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're blogging gain!
    That is great thet you are making signs out of your garage door! No one would ever guess. :)
    The girls sign is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute. I can't wait to see what else you make! :)

    ReplyDelete