Sunday, June 10, 2012

Happy Ending

In January, our family was blessed with a dog.
Someone was giving her away and we accepted her with very open arms.
Her name is Jessie and she is a miniature black Schnauser.
We never knew what joy a dog could bring to our lives.
Oh, how we love her.
On our kids' last day of school, Jessie threw up and collapsed all of a sudden. 
I thought she was dying.
I was right . . . she was.
I rushed her to the vet right away.
When we got there, she started losing blood out of both ends, poor thing. :(
She was diagnosed with Hamorrhagic GastroEnteritis, which is a very rare condition in which small dogs abruptly start vomiting blood and having bloody diarrhea (sorry I just said that word on my blog). 
I'm glad that I got her to the vet before the blood started coming.
They hooked her up to an IV and she stayed at the animal hospital for four days. ($$)
Miraculously, our sweet Jessie made it.
The vet said that if I had waited any longer, she would not have survived.
They have had only 2 other cases of HGE at that animal hospital and neither dog went home. :(
I am counting our little doggie blessing right now.
I am thankful that we were home when this hit her and that we could take her to the vet right away so she could be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment