This Christmas, I am finding myself a little stressed with all of the shopping, Christmas cards, shopping, baking, shopping, activities, shopping, well - you get the picture . . . I truly thought I would be on top of things this Christmas so I could enjoy the coziness of the season. Every year I think I am going to "conquer" Christmas early, but I never do. I always try to "keep it simple", but that never happens either. Today when I was shopping (again!) I ran into one of my neighbors and we began to vent to each other about how stressed we were. Why does this happen??
This ornament is hanging in a position on our tree so that I can see it from the kitchen and every time I look at it, I am reminded to slow down, take a deep breath, and enjoy the Gift that we were so graciously given on a cold night in Bethlehem so long ago. This is what I want my children to remember about Christmas, not all the fun toys or yummy cookies. (or me being stressed!!)
Lord, please help me to slow down and remember that YOU are the greatest gift of all. YOU are why we celebrate Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment